The BRSB standard instrumentation consists of
- 8 Trumpets, Cornets, Flugel Horns, Piccolo Trumpets
- 4 French Horns
- 4 Trombones including Bass Trombone
- 2 Euphoniums
- 4 Tubas
- 2+ percussion
Below you will find our developing digital library of arrangements and original compositions especially prepared for the BRSB. It includes brass parts, scores, and mp3 playback files which can all be downloaded.
Click the highlighted title below to open the digital files.
Loving Shephard of thy Sheep by John Rutter
This arrangement is for 8-4-4-2-4 and was originally a choral a capella work. Click here to listen to the choral setting on You Tube.
Canzon by Samuel Scheidt (1587 – 1654)
This arrangement is for 8 trumpets arranged in 2 4 trumpet antiphonal choirs. It was originally composed by Samuel Scheidt (1587-1654) for Cornetto and rescored by Peter Voisin for the modern day trumpet. . Click here to listen to the original setting on Cornetto.
(8 trumpets antiphonal scoring)(composer Samuel Scheidt (1587 – 1654) – arranger Voisin)
The following digital parts will be added here next month:
- Baton (full orchestral brass scoring with percussion)(composer Voisin)
- Mirror (two antiphonal orchestral brass choirs featuring two solo Euphoniums)(composer Voisin)
- Canzon (8 trumpets antiphonal scoring)(composer Samuel Scheidt (1587 – 1654) – arranger Voisin)
The traditional English brass band standard instrumentation consists of
- 6 (Eb Cornet, Ripiano, Solo Cornet(s), Cornet 2, Cornet 3, Flugelhorn)
- 3 (Solo Eb Horn, 2 Eb Horn, 3 Eb Horn)
- 2 (1 Baritone, 2 Baritone)
- 3 (1 Trombone, 2 Trombone, Bass Trombone)
- 1 (Euphonium)
- 2 (Eb Tuba, Bb Tuba)
- 3 (1 Tympany, 2 Percussion)
The following digital scores and mp3 playback files will be added here next month. Highlighted arrangements are available below by clicking the name below.